Sunday, October 7, 2012

potted

I am knackered.

For the past 3 or 4 days, I've been weeding, mulching, pruning, potting and re-potting.

The front garden is almost done (more mulch arriving today) and out the back (in pots, with no room for a herb garden) I have

tomatoes
dill
garlic chives
parsley
4 kinds of basil
mint
oregano
sage
2 pots of chillies (which I don't even eat!)


Here is my recipe for a deliciously refreshing drink made with basil and vodka:

muddle
a couple of sprigs of basil
a tspn of sugar
a lime wedge

in the bottom of your glass.

add ice

add vodka

add soda water

enjoy!

This is really best with home-grown basil. And a comfy deck chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear what you have to say even if you disagree with me. I have only one request -- please keep it polite.
Thankyou.

xx